Is International Adoption All It's Cracked Up To Be? A series on ethical adoption and a better way to help needy children overseas.

{click here to pin it}

Adoption is one of my favorite topics. I think one of the most beautiful things in this broken world is to see a hurting and needy child placed in a loving home. Adoption exemplifies the love God has for us as we reach out to children that are not biologically ours and make them family.

Adoption has touched my life in many ways. I worked in the adoption field for three years, I have a beautiful little brother who is adopted, and have many friends who have adopted. But I've learned that it's far more complicated than I once thought, international adoption especially.

In my series I'll be going over topics relating to ethical adoption, orphan care, and effective ministry overseas. Liberia will be my primary example because that is where I have experience. Some of my upcoming posts will be an overview of Liberia's adoption story, God's sovereignty in unethical adoption - something other authors seem to be overlooking, a realistic look at birth families and birth culture, how ongoing international adoption on a large scale can harm a culture, the problem with orphanages, and my most important post, how I believe the majority of needy children overseas should really be helped - it might not be what you think.

Posts in this series:

Is International Adoption All It's Cracked Up To Be? A series on ethical adoption and a better way to help needy children overseas. {Introductory post}

Open Letter to My Friends (and Other Adoptive Parents) on Ethical Adoption

The International Adoption Enigma; How Something Helpful Can Quickly Become Harmful

God's Sovereignty in Unethical Adoption

0 comments: